TensorFlow Release 17.10
The NVIDIA container image of TensorFlow, release 17.10, is available.
Contents of TensorFlow
This container image contains the complete source of the version of NVIDIA TensorFlow in
/opt/tensorflow. It is pre-built and installed into the
/usr/local/[bin,lib] directories in the container image.
To achieve optimum TensorFlow performance, for image based training, the container includes a sample script that demonstrates efficient training of convolutional neural networks (CNNs). The sample script may need to be modified to fit your application. The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04
- NVIDIA CUDA® 9.0
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 7.0.3
- NVIDIA® Collective Communications Library ™ (NCCL) 2.0.5 (optimized for NVLink™ )
Release 17.10 is based on CUDA 9, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 384.xx.
Key Features and Enhancements
- Added PNG image support to
- Fixed issue with
batchnormop that broke backwards compatibility in the previous release.
- Renamed the
TF_ENABLE_TENSOR_OP_MATH (default=1)environment variable to
- Upgraded Bazel to version 0.5.4.
- Worked around hash mismatches in third-party source downloads.
- Enabled compilation flags
- Updated Eigen to the top of the tree and removed custom patches.
- Latest version of CUDA
- Latest version of cuDNN
- Latest version of NCCL
- Ubuntu 16.04 with September 2017 updates
There are no known issues in this release.