TensorFlow Release 17.11
The NVIDIA container image of TensorFlow, release 17.11, is available.
Contents of TensorFlow
This container image contains the complete source of the version of NVIDIA TensorFlow in
/opt/tensorflow. It is pre-built and installed into the
/usr/local/[bin,lib] directories in the container image.
To achieve optimum TensorFlow performance, for image based training, the container includes a sample script that demonstrates efficient training of convolutional neural networks (CNNs). The sample script may need to be modified to fit your application. The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04
- NVIDIA CUDA 9.0.176 including CUDA® Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines library™ (cuBLAS) 9.0.234
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 7.0.4
- NVIDIA® Collective Communications Library ™ (NCCL) 2.1.2 (optimized for NVLink™ )
Release 17.11 is based on CUDA 9, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 384.xx.
Key Features and Enhancements
- Added support for float16 data type and Tensor Core math in batched matrix multiply operations.
- Added example script
nvidia-examples/cnn/nvcnn_hvd.py, which demonstrates use of the Horovod library for multi-node training.
Dockerfile.horovoddemonstrating how to build a Docker container with the Horovod library and MPI support.
- Added OpenSeq2Seq example demonstrating sequence-to-sequence model training in
- Latest version of CUDA
- Latest version of cuDNN
- Latest version of NCCL
- Ubuntu 16.04 with October 2017 updates
There are no known issues in this release.