TensorFlow Release 18.01
The NVIDIA container image of TensorFlow, release 18.01, is available.
Contents of TensorFlow
This container image contains the complete source of the version of NVIDIA TensorFlow in
/opt/tensorflow. It is pre-built and installed as a system Python module.
To achieve optimum TensorFlow performance, for image based training, the container includes a sample script that demonstrates efficient training of convolutional neural networks (CNNs). The sample script may need to be modified to fit your application. The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04
- NVIDIA CUDA 9.0.176 including CUDA® Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines library™ (cuBLAS) 9.0.282
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 7.0.5
- NVIDIA® Collective Communications Library ™ (NCCL) 2.1.2 (optimized for NVLink™ )
- Horovod™ 0.11.2
Release 18.01 is based on CUDA 9, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 384.xx.
Key Features and Enhancements
- Addition of Python 3 package
- Horovod is now pre-installed in the container
- Updated OpenSeq2Seq example to include latest bug fixes
- Latest version of cuBLAS
- Latest version of cuDNN
- Latest version of NCCL
- Ubuntu 16.04 with December 2017 updates
cuBLAS 9.0.282 regresses RNN seq2seq FP16 performance for a small subset of input sizes. As a workaround, revert back to the 11.12 container.