Open topic with navigation
CodeWorks for Android 1R8
- Updated suite of Android NDK, SDK, Build/Platform Tools to latest available version. (Refer to Features for more details.)
- NVIDIA Nsight Systems 2019.4.3
- A major new release of Nsight Systems for Android targets as part of CodeWorks for Android.
In the last CodeWorks release, the tool was then called
Tegra System Profiler.
- Android P support
- Various bug fixes and performance enhancements.
- NVIDIA Nsight Graphics 2019.3
- Feature Enhancement: GPU Trace
- Metrics Graphs:
- Revamped GPU Trace Activity and corresponding user interface
- Inspect detailed performance metrics including hardware unit throughputs, SM occupancy, instruction and memory throughput, cache hit rates, and much more
- Regime Table – Drill into perf marker regions and easily inspect unit throughputs
- Improved Overhead – Substantially lower overhead and accuracy than the previous version
- Feature Enhancement: Range Profiler
- Configurable Range Profiler:
- Now the default view in the profiling activity (original view is now the (Legacy) Range Profiler)
- Enable, disable, or create custom sections
- Write rules into the section files that create notifications in the UI when the rule's conditions are met
- Feature Enhancement: Acceleration Structure Viewer
- Acceleration Structure Export – Export standalone AS files that can be viewed later without having a C++ capture or the live application
- Feature Enhancement: Events View
- Better marker hierarchy – Improved visibility and detail in the Events view
- New Support: Windows 19H1 (Partial)
- Applications using RS5 APIs on 19H1 targets are now supported
- New Support: OpenGL Extensions
- New Support: Vulkan Extensions
- Runtime overhead on D3D11 applications has been dramatically reduced
- General stability – 230 Bugs fixed this release!
- Up to 10x speed up when building C++ Captures in release
- Fixed stability when running NVIDIA Nsight Aftermath and Microsoft PIX concurrently - Aftermath will be disabled when PIX is detected.
- NVIDIA Nsight Tegra 3.6, Visual Studio Edition
- Support for Android NDK64 r18b and API 28
- Added support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2019
- Added a new project type capable of build an Android Library AAR archive
- Added support for publishing APK and AAR files into a local Maven repository, with the help of Maven Publish Gradle plugin digital.wup:android-maven-publish:3.2.0
- Maven artifact dependencies can now be added in Visual Studio project properties
- The default Gradle project build script was rewritten for compatibility with Android Gradle plugin 2.3
- Android SDK r26.1.1
- Android Build Tools r28.0.3
- Android Platform Tools r28.0.3
- Android Support Library r23.2.1
- Android Support Repository Library r47
- Android APIs
- Android NDK64 r18b
- Google USB Driver r11
- Google Play Services r49
- Google Support Repository Library r58
- Java SDK 1.8.0_77 (for Windows users)
- OpenJDK 8 (for Linux users)
- Gradle 4.4.1
Third Party Middleware and Tools
The pack provides sample applications, support libraries and updated documentation for the following Android game development topics:
- Pure native gaming on Android with NativeActivity
- Getting Android application lifecycle just right
- Tips for (and benefits of) mixing a little Java into your native Android game for better integration
- Supporting game controllers, sensors, multi-touch and device rotation
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10/7 (64-bit)
- macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Ubuntu Linux x64 (v18.04 and v16.04)
- NVIDIA PerfKit has been deprecated and removed from this release.
- NVIDIA GameWorks samples are no longer included with CodeWorks for Android.
- Apache Ant has been removed.
- IncrediBuild support has been removed from this release.
NVIDIA® GameWorks™ Documentation Rev. 1.0.211026 ©2014-2021. NVIDIA Corporation and affiliates. All Rights Reserved.