This document supports the Cumulus Linux 5.6 release, and lists new platforms, features, and enhancements.
- For a list of all the platforms supported in Cumulus Linux 5.6, see the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL).
- For a list of open and fixed issues in Cumulus Linux 5.6, see the Cumulus Linux 5.6 Release Notes.
- To upgrade to Cumulus Linux 5.6, follow the steps in Upgrading Cumulus Linux.
What’s New in Cumulus Linux 5.6.0
Cumulus Linux 5.6.0 supports new platforms, contains several new features and improvements, and provides bug fixes.
- NVIDIA SN5600 (800G Spectrum-4) - (supports 1G on the bonus port)
- NVIDIA SN3750-SX (200G Spectrum-2) is now generally available
New Features and Enhancements
- FRR upgrade to version 8.4.3
- PTP stack upgrade to linuxptp 4.0
- Adaptive routing is generally available for a switch with the Spectrum-4 ASIC and provides enhancements that include support for VXLAN-encapsulated RoCE traffic and BGP W-ECMP
- PVRST with VLAN-aware bridges
- QOS PFC watchdog for lossless queues
- PTP one-step clock timestamp mode for Spectrum-2 and Spectrum-3
- PAM4 encoding support for the NVIDIA SN4410 switch
- Fan airflow direction in NVUE
nv show platform environment fanand Linux
smonctl -vcommand output; a fan direction mismatch triggers a log message
- NVUE enhancements include:
- SSH commands
- Enable and disable external API access commands (Cumulus Linux 5.6 and later enables the NVUE REST API by default; be sure to disable or secure the API if needed)
- ARP neighbor base reachable timer and ND neighbor base reachable timer commands
- IGMP fast leave processing and last member query count commands
- Clear BGP route commands to clear all BGP sessions and to refresh routes for all neighbors
- Clear PIM state and statistics commands
- Clear EVPN duplicate address commands
- Show IGMP group commands
- Show commands to see the ports mapped to a bridge and the VLANs mapped to bridge ports
- VRRP show commands include operational data
- Changes to the
nv show platformcommand outputs to improve readability:
- Shows a concise summary of all sensors
- Improved memory format
- Modified disk size output from KB to GB
- Output fields display
n/afor VX models where needed
- Removed the
appliedcolumn from the
nv show platform hardware component devicecommand
- Removed the
pendingcolumns from the
nv show platform software installed python3-nvuecommand
nv showcommands provide a --filter option to filter output data
- EVPN multihoming configuration with NVUE no longer supports a 10-byte ESI value starting with a non 00 hex value
Cumulus Linux 5.6 includes the NVUE object model. After you upgrade to Cumulus Linux 5.6, running NVUE configuration commands might override configuration for features that are now configurable with NVUE and removes configuration you added manually to files or with automation tools like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet. To keep your configuration, you can do one of the following:
- Update your automation tools to use NVUE.
- Configure NVUE to ignore certain underlying Linux files when applying configuration changes.
- Use Linux and FRR (vtysh) commands instead of NVUE for all switch configuration.
Cumulus Linux 3.7, 4.3, and 4.4 continue to support NCLU. For more information, contact your NVIDIA Spectrum platform sales representative.