Events and Notifications
Events provide information about how a network and its devices are operating during a given time period. Event notifications are available through Slack, PagerDuty, syslog, and email channels to aid troubleshooting and help resolve network problems before they become critical.
NetQ captures three types of events:
- System: wide range of events generated by the system about network protocols and services operation, hardware and software status, and system services
- Threshold-based (TCA): selected set of system-related events generated based on user-configured threshold values
- What Just Happened (WJH): network hardware events generated when you enable the WJH feature on NVIDIA Spectrum™ switches
You can track events in the NetQ UI with the Events and WJH cards:
- Events card: tracks all warning, info, error, debug, and TCA events for a given time frame
- What Just Happened card: tracks network hardware events on NVIDIA Spectrum™ switches
The NetQ CLI provides the
netq show events command to view system and TCA events for a given time frame. The
netq show wjh-drop command lists all WJH events or those with a selected drop type.