Manage Switches through Their Lifecycle
Only administrative users can perform the tasks described in this topic.
Using the NetQ UI or CLI, lifecycle management (LCM) allows you to:
- Manage Cumulus Linux and NetQ images in a local repository
- Configure switch access credentials (required for installations and upgrades)
- Manage Cumulus Linux switch inventory and roles
- Create snapshots of the network state at various times
- Upgrade NetQ (Agents and CLI) on Cumulus Linux switches running NetQ Agents
- Install or upgrade NetQ (Agents and CLI) on Cumulus Linux switches
- View a result history of upgrade attempts
LCM is available for on-premises deployments. Contact your NVIDIA sales representative or submit a support ticket to activate LCM on cloud deployments.
Access Lifecycle Management Features in the UI
To access LCM, open the Manage Switch Assets page in one of the following ways:
- Expand the menu , then select Manage switches
- Click (Upgrade) in a workbench header
- Click (Devices) in a workbench header, then select Manage switches
The Manage Switch Assets view provides access to switch management, image management, NetQ Agent configurations, and job history.
To manage the various lifecycle management features using the NetQ CLI, use the
netq lcm command set. The following table summarizes LCM’s capabilities:
NetQ UI Cards
NetQ CLI Commands
|Switch Management||Discover switches, view switch inventory, assign roles, set user access credentials, perform software installation and upgrade networkwide|
|Image Management||View, add, and remove images for software installation and upgrade|
|Job History||View the results of installation, upgrade, and configuration assignment jobs|