With the NetQ UI and CLI, a user can monitor the network inventory of switches and hosts, including such items as the number and type of operating systems installed. Additional details are available about the hardware and software components on individual switches, such as the motherboard, ASIC, microprocessor, disk, memory, fan, and power supply information. The commands and cards available to obtain this type of information help you to answer questions such as:
- What switches do I have in the network?
- Are NetQ agents running on all of my switches?
- How many transmit and receive packets have been dropped?
- How healthy are the fans and power supply?
- What software is installed on my switches?
- What is the ACL and forwarding resources usage?