Events and Notifications
Events provide information about how a network and its devices are operating during a given time period. Event notifications are available via Slack, PagerDuty, syslog, and email channels to aid troubleshooting and help resolve network problems before they become critical.
NetQ captures three types of events:
- System events: a wide range of events generated by the system about network protocols and services operation, hardware and software status, and system services
- Threshold-crossing events: a user-specified set of system related events based on threshold values
- What Just Happened events: network hardware events for NVIDIA Spectrum™ switches
You can track events in the NetQ UI with the Events and What Just Happened cards:
- Events card: displays system and threshold-crossing events
- What Just Happened card: displays network hardware events on NVIDIA Spectrum™ switches
You can monitor system and threshold-crossing events in the CLI with the netq show events command. The netq show wjh-drop command lists all What Just Happened events or those with a selected drop type.