This page summarizes new features and improvements for the NetQ 4.5 release. For a complete list of open and fixed issues, see the release notes.
What’s New in NetQ 4.5.0
NetQ 4.5.0 includes the following new features and improvements:
- Access credentials that can be applied to individual switches for better security and increased flexibility
- RoCE check and show commands that display priority code point (PCP) and switch priority (SP) mapping misconfigurations and recommendations
- Lifecycle management for NVUE-enabled upgrades to Cumulus Linux 5.0.0 and later
- Initial support for Precision Time Protocol monitoring via the UI and CLI (not intended for use in production)
- User guide enhancements, including a NetQ troubleshooting guide and updated command line reference
NetQ 4.5.0 images have been upgraded to Ubuntu 20.04.
To upgrade to NetQ 4.5.0, you must back up your current NetQ data and perform a new installation of NetQ 4.5.0. This process is supported when upgrading from NetQ 4.3.0 or above.
Upgrades from releases earlier than NetQ 4.3.0 require an incremental upgrade to version 4.3.0 before you back up your data and perform a new installation of NetQ 4.5.0.
Compatible Agent Versions
NetQ 4.5.0 is compatible with NetQ Agent versions 4.4.0 and above. You can install NetQ Agents on switches and servers running:
- Cumulus Linux 3.7.16 and later
- SONiC 202012
- CentOS 7
- RHEL 7.1
- Ubuntu 18.04
You must upgrade to the latest agent version to enable 4.5 features.