NetQ Release Versioning and Support Policy
This article outlines the release version numbering structure and support policies for NetQ.
NetQ software installation file names include a version number, in the form of x.y.z-OS~TAG_CPU.
- x represents the major release version number. An increased major release version means that the release might include:
- New functionality within the existing market.
- New market entries.
- Major positioning changes.
- A significant engineering rebase.
- y represents the minor release version number. An increased minor release version means that the release might include:
- New hardware platforms.
- New features within the existing market.
- Bug fixes.
- Security updates.
- z represents the maintenance release version number. An increased maintenance release version might include:
- Feature improvements.
- Bug fixes and updates.
- Security updates.
- OS indicates the Network Operating System information (cl for Cumulus Linux, deb10 for SONiC)
- TAG represents a timestamp for the release of the version.
- CPU architecture represents architecture.
Release, Support Lifecycle and Support Policy
NetQ is offered with a per switch subscription that includes support for 1, 3, and 5 years options. The subscription model allows customers to upgrade the software as updates and new versions become available, for the period of the subscription.
- Review the NetQ user guide for the supported Network Operating System (NOS) versions.
- Use matching versions of NetQ Server and both NetQ Agent and NetQ Apps packages on switches (e.g., NetQ 4.1.0 Server with NetQ 4.1.0 Agents and Apps on the switches).
- The product is supported for the period of the subscription and bug fixes are received by upgrading to new versions of software.
- A NetQ version is supported for two years from its release date. After that date, it is necessary to upgrade to a later release to continue receiving support for the period of the subscription.
NetQ Support Matrix
The following table depicts the NetQ release support matrix:
|NetQ Release||Release Date||End of Support|
NetQ 1.y and 2.y releases are End of Support.
For information regarding upgrading from previous NetQ releases, refer to the NetQ Deployment Guide.