- MLNX_OFED must be installed on the server that will run UFM Docker
For UFM to work, you must have an InfiniBand port configured with an IP address and in "up" state.
For InfiniBand support, please refer to NVIDIA Inbox Drivers, or MLNX_OFED guides.
- Make sure to stop the following services before running UFM Docker container, as it utilizes the same default ports that they do: Pacemaker, httpd, OpenSM, and Carbon.
If firewall is running on the host, please make sure to add an allow rule for UFM used ports (listed below):
If the default ports used by UFM are changed in UFM configuration files, make sure to open the modified ports on the host firewall.
- 80 (TCP) and 443 (TPC) are used by WS clients (Apache Web Server)
- 8000 (UDP) is used by the UFM server to listen for REST API requests (redirected by Apache web server)
- 6306 (UDP) is used for multicast request communication with the latest UFM Agents
- 8005 (UDP) is used as a UFM monitoring listening port
- 8888 (TCP) is used by DRBD to communicate between the UFM Primary and Standby servers
- 2022 (TCP) is used for SSH
Prerequisites for Upgrading UFM Docker Container
- Supported versions for upgrade are UFM v.6.10.0 and above.
- UFM files directory from previous container version mounted on the host.
Step 1: Loading UFM Docker Image
To load the UFM docker image, pull the latest image from docker hub:
You can see full usage screen for ufm-installation by running the container with
Step 2: Installing UFM Docker
Installation Command Usage
Modify the variables in the installation command as follows:
[UFM_LICENSES_DIR]: UFM license file or files location.
Example: If your license file or files are located under
/downloads/ufm_license_files/then you must set this volume to be
[OPTIONS]: UFM installation options. For more details see the table below.
|IB fabric interface name.||ib0|
|Management interface name.||eth0|
|UFM Multisubnet Consumer mode||N/A|
UFM Enterprise installer supports several deployment modes: