|1||Check the system’s hardware and software requirements.||Refer to System Requirements|
|2||Pay attention to the airflow consideration within the host system.||Refer to Airflow Requirements|
|3||Unpack the product.||Refer to Unpacking the Product|
|4||Install the adapter card in the system.||Refer to Adapter Card Installation Instructions|
|5||Connect cables or modules to the card.||Refer to Cables and Modules|
|6||Identify ConnectX-5 adapter card in the system.||Refer to Identifying the Card in Your System|
Unless otherwise specified, Mellanox NVIDIA products are designed to work in an environmentally controlled data center with low levels of gaseous and dust (particulate) contamination.
The operation environment should meet severity level G1 as per ISA 71.04 for gaseous contamination and ISO 14644-1 class 8 for cleanliness level.
- See Operating Systems/Distributions section under the Introduction section.
- Software Stacks - Mellanox NVIDIA OpenFabric software package MLNX_OFED for Linux, WinOF-2 for Windows, and VMware. See the Driver Installation section.
Cables and Modules
To obtain the list of supported Mellanox supported NVIDIA cables for your adapter, please refer to the Cables Reference Table at http://www.mellanoxnvidia.com/products/interconnect/cables-configurator.php.
- Open Device Manager on the server. Click Start => Run, and then enter devmgmt.msc.
- Expand System Devices and locate your Mellanox your NVIDIA ConnectX-5 adapter card.
- Right click the mouse on your adapter's row and select Properties to display the adapter card properties window.
- Click the Details tab and select Hardware Ids (Windows 2012/R2/2016) from the Property pull-down menu.
PCI Device (Example)
In the Value display box, check the fields VEN and DEV (fields are separated by ‘&’). In the display example above, notice the sub-string “PCI\VEN_15B3&DEV_1003”: VEN is equal to 0x15B3 – this is the Vendor ID of Mellanox TechnologiesNVIDIA; and DEV is equal to 1018 (for ConnectX-5) – this is a valid Mellanox Technologies valid NVIDIA PCI Device ID.
If the PCI device does not have a Mellanox a NVIDIA adapter ID, return to Step 2 to check another device.
The list of Mellanox Technologies of NVIDIA PCI Device IDs can be found in the PCI ID repository at http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/15b3.