Created on Jul 11, 2019
TRex is an open source stateful and stateless traffic generator based on DPDK.
With single ConnectX ethernet card family it can generate 100Gbs bandwidth easily.
The more cores are used the more Mpps rate will increase significantly allowing more than 100Mpps!
This QSG (Quick Start Guide) article will guide a user for quick and powerful installation.
- Performance tuning for DPDK (VPP doc) - https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/How_To_Optimize_Performance_(System_Tuning)
- TRex documentation - TRex Documentation
1. Install Centos 8.2 operating system.
2. Install rdma-core:
1. Download and extract TRex latest branch.
2. Run initialization script
Run TRex server.
Count the number of threads automatically listed in previous step (2) marked in red (this example show 18 threads).
Enter the number of threads to the following command (-c <number_of_threads>) which not exceed 14 (if number of threads is above 14 enter 14).
In case the command above fails due unmatched CPU architecture you can run using this command.
Connecting GUI from windows desktop.
1. Download & install TRex GUI for windows to your desktop from here: https://github.com/cisco-system-traffic-generator/trex-stateless-gui/releases
2. Open the GUI and connect to T-rex server - File->Connect
3. Choose a port and press ’Acquire’