This section provides detailed instructions on how to install your DPU in a system.
Please note that the following figures are for illustration purposes only.
To power-up the FHHL P-Series DPUs, you need to connect a PCIe external power cable. The PCIe external power cable should be supplied by the customer. Refer to External Power Supply Connector for pin descriptions.
- Open the system case.
Place the DPU in an available PCI Express slot.
Applying even pressure at both corners of the card, insert the DPU into the PCI Express slot until firmly seated.
Do not use excessive force when seating the card, as this may damage the system or the DPU.
- When the DPU is properly seated, the port connectors are aligned with the slot opening, and the DPU faceplate is visible against the system chassis.
- Secure the DPU with the screw.
- For the FHHL 100Gb/s P-Series DPUs, install the PCIe external power cable. Connect the 6-pin power connector from the power supply to the power connector on the top edge of the DPU. Note that the connector and socket on the graphics card have a unique shape and connect one way only.
For further instructions, please refer to the cable vendor documentation. Please refer to the pinout description in External Power Supply Connector.
- Close the system case.
- Install the networking cables. For instructions, please refer to Networking Cable Installation.
Uninstalling the DPU
The DPU is installed in a system that operates with voltages that can be lethal. Before uninstalling the DPU, please observe the following precautions to avoid injury and prevent damage to system components.
- Remove any metallic objects from your hands and wrists.
- It is strongly recommended to use an ESD strap or other antistatic devices.
- Turn off the system and disconnect the power cord from the server.
Please note that the following images are for illustration purposes only.
- Verify that the system is powered off and unplugged.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- To remove the card, disengage the retention mechanism on the bracket (screws).
Holding the DPU from its center, gently pull the DPU out of the PCI Express slot.
When the port connectors reach the top of the chassis window, gently pull the DPU in parallel to the motherboard.