Mlxphyburn tool allows the user to burn firmware of an externally managed PHY. The tool burns and verifies a pre-compiled binary PHY firmware image on the PHY’s flash. It is supported only on Linux.
- ConnectX-3/ConnectX-3 Pro with an externally managed PHY
- A device that has access to the PHY flash module
- MLNX_OFED driver (if installed) must be down
- Access to the device through the PCI interface (pciconf/pci_cr)
- Firmware version that supports access to an externally managed PHY
- Version 2_33_5000 and above
|-d|--dev <device>||Device which has access to the PHY.|
|-i|--img <PHY_fw_image>||PHY firmware image.|
|-v|--version||Display version info.|
|-h|--help||Display help message.|
|b[urn]||Burn given PHY image on the device's PHY.|
|q[uery]||Query PHY FW on device.|
If no device is specified, mlxphyburn will attempt to burn the PHY firmware image on all mst devices on the machine.
Examples of mlxphyburn Usage