- What is the connection between MFT tools and mlxup?
mlxup is a self-extracting executable that contains a set of firmware binary images and the mlxfwmanager tool with limited features. mlxfwmanager is part of the MFT package.
For further information on how to generate mlxup, please refer to the “Update Package for Mellanox Firmware” section in MFT User Manual.
- Why can’t mlxup recognize my card?
This may occur for two reasons:
- The mlxup version might not be the latest and therefore does not support this specific card type. In this case, an mlxup update is required.
- The device might not be working properly, therefore it might not be listed in the PCI devices list. In this case, device functionality needs to be verified.
- Why does the available firmware version on my server appear as “N/A”?
mlxup might not contain a firmware suitable for the card you are attempting to update. In this case, you may get the latest mlxup version by running
mlxup –onlineor using any of the methods explained above.
- “Device FW is up to date” message popped up while I was trying to burn the device. What does it mean?
This means that the firmware version in the mlxup package is older or identical to the current firmware version on the device. In this case, you can force the burning by using the
- “Failed to open device” message popped up while I was trying to query/burn the device. What does it mean?
This means that there was a failure in the -read from the PCI device. To resolve the issue, try to reboot the system.