NVIDIA systems are equipped with two replaceable power supply units work in a redundant configuration. Either unit may be extracted without bringing down the system.
To extract a power supply unit:
- Remove the power cord from the power supply unit.
- Grasping the handle with your hand, push the latch release with your thumb while pulling the handle outward. As the power supply unit unseats, the power supply unit status LEDs will turn off.
- Remove the power supply unit.
PS Unit Pulled Out
To insert a power supply unit:
Make sure the mating connector of the new unit is free of any dirt and/or obstacles.
Do not attempt to insert a power supply unit with a power cord connected to it.
Insert the power supply unit by sliding it into the opening, until a slight resistance is felt.
- Continue pressing the power supply unit until it seats completely. The latch will snap into place, confirming the proper installation.
- Insert the power cord into the power supply connector.
Insert the other end of the power cord into an outlet of the correct voltage.
The green power supply unit indicator should light. If it does not, repeat the whole procedure to extract the power supply unit and re-insert it.
The system can fully operate if one fan FRU is dysfunctional. Failure of more than one fan is not supported.
To extract a fan unit:
- Extract the fan by pulling the gold handle outwards. As the fan unit unseats, its status LEDs will turn off.
- Remove the fan unit.
Fan Module Latches
To remove or replace a fan unit, gently pull out its handle while pushing the latch release with your index finger.
To insert a fan unit:
- Make sure the mating connector of the new unit is free of any dirt and/or obstacles.
- Insert the fan unit by sliding it into the opening until slight resistance is felt. Continue pressing the fan unit until it seats completely.