This document is preliminary and subject to change.
SN3700/SN3700C Systems Dismantling
To dismantle the system, perform the following steps, while viewing the matching illustrations in the Component Illustrations table. To view the amounts of each component in your system, refer to the Component List below with the item number in the brackets. Once you are done dismantling all switch components, make sure you have all Screws, Nuts and Washers.
To remove the Blank Fan FRUs, use a standard "Feeler Gauge" metric tapered blade (0.4mm). Insert the blade between the blank unit and the wall, and move it upwards.
- Remove the Base Cover (#4) by unscrewing all the top and side screws (#b) securing it to the base.
- Install the base on the jiga
- Insert the base with an angle. Pay attention to the initial handle positions. When placing the base of the switch on the jig, make sure it is situated properly on the plastic bar.
- Turn on the vacuum switch by rotating it clockwise. Once the vacuum switch is on, the bar will go down and vacuuming will begin.
- Unscrew the screw (#a) securing the the SATA SSD Module (#5) to the Main Board (#6), and remove it .
- Cover the Heat Sink Unit (#7) with a protective jigb.
- Remove the Heat Sink Mounting Assembly (#8) by unscrewing the screws (#d), and removing all nuts (#i), washers (#k) and spring washers (#l) on both sides. Disassemble the Heat Sink Unit (#7), and remove the jig.
- Install the dedicated jigc, and remove the COM Express Module (#9) by unscrewing all screws (#b) securing it to the chassis.
- Locate the Coin Battery (#10) under the designated latch, and remove it.
- Cut all the tie-wraps (#m), and disconnect the following harnesses from both sides:
- Unscrew all screws and washers (#a, #j) securing the LED PCB (#14) to the Front Panel (#15), and remove it.
- Remove the LED Divider (#16) and the EMI Shielding Gasket (#17).
- Unscrew all screws and spacers (#n, #g) securing the Main Board (#6) to the chassis, and remove it.
- Disconnect the Power Harness from the Fan Board to the Power Extender (#18) on both sides.
- Unscrew all screws (#f, #g) securing the Air Buffers (#19) to the base, and remove them, as well as the Power Extender Assembly (#20).
- Unscrew all screws (#g) securing the Fan Board (#21) to the base, and remove it.
- Remove all Chip Support Spacers (#22) and all Fan Divider Light Pipes (#23).
- Detach the Lexan Label (#24) from the front panel by peeling the plastic strip.
- To remove the base from the jiga, open the side handle, and turn the vacuum off.
a Jig PN -MTCJ1249:
For assembly instructions, please contact your Mellanox representative.
Blank Fan FRUs
AC Power Supplies
|5.||SATA SSD Module||1|
|7.||Heat Sink Unit||1|
|8.||Heat Sink Mounting Assembly||1|
|9.||COM Express Module||1|
|10.||CR2032 3V Coin Type Lithium Battery||1|
|11.||Signal Harness from the Fan Board to the Main Board||1|
|12.||Signal Harness from the Main Board to the Power Extender||1|
|13.||Signal Harness from the Main Board to the I/O LED Board||1|
|17.||EMI Shielding Gasket||1|
|18.||Power Harness from the Fan Board to the Power Extender||1|
|19.||Right and Left Side Power Supply Plastic Air Buffer||2|
|20.||Power Extender Assembly||1|
|21.||X6 Fans Gold Fingers Fan Board Assembly||1|
|22.||Chip Support Spacers||4|
|23.||Fan Divider Light Pipes||4|
Screws, Nuts and Washers
|a.||Flat Head SM3X5 ST.ST DIN:965A Phillips Screw||1|
|b.||Flat Head 100º 4-40x3/16" Phillips Patch Screw||45|
|c.||Pan Head M2.5X16 ST.ST. Phillips Double Washer Sems Screw||5|
Pan Head M3X8 ST.ST Double Washer Sems Screw
|e.||Pan Head M3x5 Phillips Double Washer Sems Screw||2|
Pan Head 4-40x5/16" Double Washer Phillips Sems Screw
Pan Head 4-40x3/8" Double Washer Phillips Sems Screw
Hexagon Thin Nut (DIN 439 B)
|j.||Flat M3 Washer (ID=3.2mm OD=7m)||2|
|k.||M4 Washer (TH=0.8 ID=4.3 OD=9 ST.ST DIN:125A)||2|
|l.||M4 Spring Washer (DIN 7980)||2|
|m.||Plastic Cable Tie (Tie-Wrap)||7|
|n.||4-40 Male TO Female L=19 Custom Spacer Patch||2|
Blank Fan FRUs
AC Power Supplies:
SATA SSD Module:
Main Board (Switch Board):
Heat Sink Unit:
Heat Sink Mounting Assembly:
COM Express Module:
CR2032 3V Coin Type Lithium Battery:
Signal Harness from the Fan Board to the Main Board:
Signal Harness from the Main Board to the Power Extender (#19):
Signal Harness from the Main Board to the I/O LED Board:
EMI Shielding Gasket:
Power Harness from the Fan Board to the Power Extender :
Right and Left Side Power Supply Plastic Air Buffer:
Power Extender Assembly:
X6 Fans Gold Fingers Fan Board Assembly:
Chip Support Spacers:
Fan Divider Light Pipes: