This manual is preliminary and subject to changes.
SN4600C Systems Dismantling
To dismantle the system, perform the following steps, while viewing the matching illustrations in the Component Illustrations table. To view the amounts of each component in your system, refer to the Component List below with the item number in the brackets. Once you are done dismantling all switch components, make sure you have all Screws, Nuts and Washers.
- Disassemble the Fan Modules (1#) and the Power Supplies Units (2#).
- Unscrew all screws (#c, #f) securing the Top Cover (#3) to the system's base, and remove it.
- Unscrew all screws and washers (#c) securing the Front Panel (#4) to the system's base, and remove it.
- Remove all Heatsink Patch Spacers (#5), and disassemble the Heatsink Unit (#6).
- Remove all Comex to Cover Spacers (#7) and unscrew all screws (#e) securing the COM Express Module (#8) to the chassis, and remove it.
- Cut all Cable-Ties (a#).
- Disconnect the Power Harness between the Fan Board and Main Board (#9) from both sides.
- Disconnect the Signal Harness between the Fan Board and Main Board (#10) from both sides.
- Locate the Coin Battery (#11) under the designated latch, and remove it.
- Unscrew the screw (#b) securing the the SATA SSD Module (#12) to the Main Board (13#), and remove it .
- Use the dedicated jiga to remove the Main Board (#13) from the chassis: remove all Comex Patch Spacers (#14) and Heat Sink Limiter Patch Spacers (#15), and unscrew all screws (#g, #i) securing the Main Board (#13) to the chassis.
- Unscrew all screws (#d) securing the the Fan Board (#16) to the chassis, and remove it .
- Remove the Pull-Tab Lock Washer (#17), and pull-out the Pull-Tab (#18).
- Uninstall the Light Pipes (#19), and remove them from the fan dividers.
- Remove all COM Express Spacers (#20), Main Board Spacers (#21) and the Main Board Guide Pin (#22).
a Jig PN - MTCJ2751. For assembly instructions, please contact your Mellanox representative.
|1.||2U Fan Assembly||3|
|2.||Power Supply Unit||2|
|3.||Base Top Cover||1|
|4.||Front Panel Assembly||1|
|5.||Heat Sink Limiter Patch Spacer||4|
|6.||Heat Sink Base with Stacked Fins||1|
|7.||Comex to Cover Spacers||2|
|8.||COM Express Module||1|
|9.||Power Harness between the Fan Board and Main Board||1|
|10.||Signal Harness between the Fan Board and Main Board||1|
|11.||Coin Type Lithium Battery Battery||1|
|12.||SATA SSD Module||1|
|14.||Comex Patch Spacers||3|
|15.||Heat Sink Limiter Patch Spacers||4|
|17.||Pull-Tab Lock Washer||1|
|19.||Long Light Pipe For Double Fan Dividers||3|
|20.||COM Express Spacers||2|
|21.||Main Board Spacers||13|
|22.||Main Board Guide Pin||1|
Screws, Nuts and Washers
Plastic Cable Tie
|b.||Flat Head SM3X5 ST.ST DIN:965A Phillips Screw||1|
Flat Head 100º 4-40x3/16" Phillips Patch Screw
Pan Head 4-40x5/16" Double Washer Phillips Sems Screw
Pan Head M2.5x5 St.St Phillips Flat Washer Screw
|f.||Flat Head Philips 100º 2-56x3/16" St.St Patch Screw||2|
|g.||Pan Head Philips Double Washer 4-40x3/8" St.St Screw||6|
|i.||Flat Head Philips 100º 6-32x1/4" St.St Patch Screw||4|
Note: The images in the following table are provided for illustration purposes only. The components may slightly vary, depending on the system's family and specific model.
2U Fan Assembly:
Power Supply Unit:
Base Top Cover:
Heat Sink Patch Spacer:
Heat Sink Unit:
Comex to Cover Spacer:
COM Express Module:
Fan Board To Power Extender Power Harness:
Main Board To Fan Board Signal Harness:
Coin Type Lithium Battery:
SATA SSD Module:
Main Board (Switch Board):
Comex Patch Spacer with Long Male Thread:
Heat Sink Limiter Patch Spacers:
|16.|| Fan Board:|
Pull-Tab Lock Washer:
Long Light Pipe For Double Fan Divider:
COM Express Spacers:
Main Board Spacers:
Main Board Guide Pin: