After installing the UFM® server software and before running UFM, perform the following:
- Mandatory Configuration:
- Configure General Settings in gv.cfg
- Additional Configurations Options:
- General Configuration options
- Quality of Service
- Activate and Enable Lossy Configuration Manager (Advanced License Only)
- Activate and Enable Congestion Control Manager (Advanced License Only)
Configuring Fabric Interface
In most common cases, UFM is run in management mode; the UFM SM manages the InfiniBand fabric. In such cases, the only mandatory configuration is setting the fabric_interface parameter.
The fabric interface should be set to one of the InfiniBand IPoIB interfaces, which connect the UFM/SM to the fabric:
fabric_interfaceis set to
fabric_interfacemust be up and running before UFM startup. Otherwise, UFM will not be able to run.
For additional configuration options, please refer to the UFM Enterprise Additional Configurations.