To install the UFM server software as a standalone for InfiniBand:
- Create a temporary directory (for example /tmp/ufm).
- Open the UFM software zip file that you downloaded. The zip file contains the following installation files:
- RedHat 7/CentOS 7/OEL 7: ufm-X.X-XXX.el7.x86_64.tgz
- RedHat 8/Centos 8: ufm-X.X-XXX.el8.x86_64.tgz
- Ubuntu 18.04: ufm-X.X-XXX.Ubuntu18.x86_64.tgz
- Ubuntu 20.04: ufm-X.X-XXX.Ubuntu20.x86_64.tgz
- Ubuntu 22.04: ufm-X.X-XXX.Ubuntu22.x86_64.tgz
- Extract the installation file for your system's OS to the temporary directory that you created.
From within the temporary directory, run the following command as root:
Running with the option "-o ib" is no longer required. For automatic installation, use the -q flag.
For “quiet” installation -q flag can be added (automatically answer yes for each question the installer asks).
Export MULTISUBNET_CONSUMER=1 environment variable before running the installation script to install the UFM server in Multisubnet Consumer mode.
The UFM software is installed. You can now remove the temporary directory.