The NVIDIA MFP7E10-Nxxx MPO-12/APC-to-MPO12/APC (8 fibers) passive optical single mode cable, is designed for linking InfiniBand and Ethernet multimode twin-port OSFP and single-port OSFP and QSFP112 transceivers together.
The Multiple Push On, 12 fiber, Angled Polished Connectors (MPO-12/APC) uses 8 active fibers to transmit light, and 4 inactive fibers as strength members. The APC end has a 8-degree polished angle to deflect internal optical back reflections from entering the transceiver and distorting the signal quality.
Twin-port OSFP 800Gb/s transceivers support two 4-channel fibers which are linked to other twin-port OSFP, single port OSFP or QSFP112 400Gb/s transceivers.
The fibers are “crossover”, Type-B cables that enable directly attaching two transceivers together and aligning the transmit laser fiber on pin 1 to “crosses over” and align with pin 12 of the opposite fiber end transceiver photodetector.
Typical usecase is linking twin port OSFP switches to each other, and to ConnectX-7® network adapters and/or BlueField-3® Data Processing Units (DPUs) in compute and storage servers.
Rigorous cable production testing ensures best out-of-the-box installation experience, performance, and durability. Mellanox optical solutions provide short, medium, and long reach scalability for all topologies, utilizing innovative optical technologies to enable high signal integrity and reliability.
- Flexible round outer jacket for easy installation
- Push-pull latching for quick release
- Female-to-Female connectors
- 50/125 µm Multimode fibers
- 50m max reach
- Telcordia GR-1435 compliant
- IEC Standard Connectors:
- MPO: IEC 61754-7 and ANSI/TIA/EIA 604-5-199
- OFNR/LSZH (low smoke zero halogen) jacket
- Supports InfiniBand, Ethernet and NVLink protocols
- Optical short-reach high speed links in data centers
- Data processing and storage systems