By default, the system is sold with the standard-depth rail kit. The short-depth rail kit can be supplied upon request.
|Kit Part Number||Legacy Kit Part Number||Rack Size and Rack Depth Range|
|930-9NRKT-00JE-000||MTEF-KIT-BP||Short: 19.7"-23.6" (50 to 60 cm)|
|930-9NRKT-00JV-000||MTEF-KIT-SP||Standard: 23.6"-31.5" (60 to 80 cm)|
The following parts are included in the static rail kit (see figure below):
- 2x Rack mount rails (A)
- 2x Rack mount blades (B)
- 8x M6 Standard cage nuts¹ ² and 8x M6 Standard pan-head Phillips screws¹ (C)
- 4x Phillips100 DEG F.H TYPE-I ST.ST 6-32 X 1/4 screw with around patch (D).
¹ Other threads are available by special order: M5, 10-32, 12-24. ² G-type cage-nut is available by special order.
Rack Rail Kit Parts
|C X 8||D X 4|
Before mounting the system to the rack, select the way you wish to place the system. Pay attention to the airflow within the rack cooling, connector and cabling options.
While planning how to place the system, consider the two installation options shown in the Installation Options figure below, and review the following points:
- Make sure the system air flow is compatible with your installation selection. It is important to keep the airflow within the rack in the same direction.
- Note that the part of the system to which you choose to attach the rails (the front panel direction, as demonstrated in Option 1 or the FRUs direction, as demonstrated in Option 2) will determine the system’s adjustable side. The system’s part to which the blades are attached, will be adjacent to the cabinet.
In case there are cables that cannot bend within the rack, or in case more space is needed for cable bending radius, it is possible to recess the connector side or the FRU side by 3.5" (8.9 cm), by optional placement of the system’s rails:
Recessed Installation Protruding Installation
- The FRU side is extractable. Mounting the rack blades inverted to the FRU side (Option 2) will allow you to slide the FRUs, in and out.
To mount the system into the rack:
Attach the left and right rack mount rails (A) to the switch, and secure the chassis in the rails by screwing 2 flat head Phillips screws (D) in the designated points on each side (a total of 4 screws). To tighten the screws, use a torque of 1.5±0.2 Nm.
Attaching the Rails to the Chassis
Install 8 cage nuts (C) in the desired slots of the rack: 4 cage nuts in the non-extractable side and 4 cage nuts in the extractable side. Note that while each rack U (unit) consists of three holes, the cage nut should be installed vertically with its ears engaging the top and bottom holes only.
Installing the Cage Nuts
While your installation partner is supporting the system’s weight, perform steps 3, 4 and 5:
On the rear side of the cabinet, install the two blades (B) in the selected rack unit, using four M6 screws (C). Do not tighten the screws yet.
Attaching the Rails to the Rack
Slide the two blades into the left and right rails, and adjust them to fit your rack's depth. Use four M6 screws (D) to fix the blades into the rack. Do not tighten the screws yet.
Sliding the Blades in the Rails
- Secure the system in the rack by tightening the 8 screws inserted in Step 3 and Step 4 with a torque of 4.5±0.5 Nm.