This User Manual describes the installation, configuration and operation of Mellanox WinOF driver.
Mellanox WinOF is composed of several software modules that contain InfiniBand and Ethernet drivers for ConnectX-3 and ConnectX-3 Pro adapter cards. The Mellanox WinOF driver supports 10, 40 or 56 Gb/s Ethernet, and 40 or 56 Gb/s InfiniBand network ports. The port type is determined upon boot based on card capabilities and user settings.
The Mellanox VPI WinOF driver release introduces the following capabilities:
- Support for Single and Dual port Adapters
- Up to 16 Rx queues per port
- Rx steering mode (RSS)
- Hardware Tx/Rx checksum calculation
- Large Send offload (i.e., TCP Segmentation Offload)
- Hardware multicast filtering
- Adaptive interrupt moderation
- Support for MSI-X interrupts
- Support for Auto-Sensing of Link level protocol
- NDK with SMB-Direct
- NDv1 and v2 API support in user space
- VMQ for Hypervisor
- CIM and PowerShell
Ethernet only capabilities:
- Hardware VLAN filtering
- Header Data Split
- RDMA over Converged Ethernet
- RoCE MAC Based (v1)
- RoCE IP Based (v1)
- RoCE over UDP (v2)
- DSCP over IPv4
- NVGRE hardware off-load in ConnectX®-3 Pro
- Ports TX arbitration/Bandwidth allocation per port
- Ports RX arbitration
- Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS)
- SR-IOV Ethernet on Windows Server 2012 R2/2016 Hypervisor with Windows Server 2012 R2 and above guests
- Virtual Machine Multiple Queue (VMMQ)
- Network Direct Kernel Provider Interface
- PacketDirect Provider Interface
InfiniBand only capabilities:
- SR-IOV over KVM Hypervisor
- Diagnostic tools
For the complete list of Ethernet and InfiniBand Known Issues and Limitations, see WinOF Release Notes (www.mellanox.com → Products → Software → InfiniBand/VPI Drivers → Windows SW/Drivers).
This manual is intended for system administrators responsible for the installation, configuration, management and maintenance of the software and hardware of VPI (InfiniBand, Ethernet) ConnectX-3 and ConnectX-3 Pro adapter cards. It is also intended for application developers.
See also Document Conventions and Related Documents.
Mellanox WinOF driver includes the following package:
In this package, the port default is auto and RoCE v2 is enabled.
WinOF Set of Documentation
- License file
- User Manual (this document)
- MLNX_VPI_WinOF Release Notes
Windows MPI (MS-MPI)
Message Passing Interface (MPI) is meant to provide virtual topology, synchronization, and communication functionality between a set of processes. MPI enables running one process on several hosts.
- Windows MPI runs over the following protocols:
- Sockets (Ethernet)
- Network Direct (ND)
For further details on MPI, please refer to Appendix: Windows MPI (MS-MPI).