DIGITS Release 18.05
The NVIDIA application of DIGITS, release 18.05, is available.
Contents of DIGITS
This application contains the complete source of the version of DIGITS in
/opt/digits. It is pre-built and installed into the
/usr/local/python/ directory in the application.
The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04 including Python 2.7
- NVIDIA CUDA 9.0.176 (see Errata section and 2.1) including CUDA® Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines library™ (cuBLAS) 9.0.333 (see section 2.3.1)
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 7.1.2
- NCCL 2.1.15 (optimized for NVLink™ )
- NVCaffe™ 0.17.0
- Torch™ 7
- TensorFlow™ 1.7.0
Release 18.05 is based on CUDA 9, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 384.xx.
Key Features and Enhancements
- NVIDIA DIGITS application version 18.05 is based on DIGITS version 6.1.1
- Added a “Blob format” option to include and set
solver.prototxtwhen training with NVCaffe. If you set the option to
NVCaffeand backend framework is NVCaffe,
store_blobs_in_old_format=false. This option is the default and the
caffemodelfiles generated from the training stage are not compatible with BVLC Caffe. If you set the option to
Compatible, DIGITS sets
caffemodelfiles are compatible with BVLC Caffe.Note:
store_blobs_in_old_formatattribute is not recognized by BVLC Caffe, therefore, you have to remove that line when reusing
solver.prototxtand fine-tuning with BVLC Caffe.
- Updated resizing images algorithms to remove deprecated Python modules. Previous DIGITS called
scipy.misc.imresizeto perform a few image resizing steps. This API is marked as deprecated in
scipy.misc. DIGITS now utilizes
- Several updates and improvements on CI test scripts
- Ubuntu 16.04 with April 2018 updates
DIGITS is not designed to be run as an exposed external web service.
There are no known issues in this release.