DIGITS Release 21.02
The NVIDIA application of DIGITS, release 21.02, is available on NGC.
Contents of the DIGITS container
This application contains the complete source of the version of DIGITS in
/opt/digits. It is pre-built and installed into the
/usr/local/python/ directory in the application.
The following DIGITS container is available for this release based on the deep learning frameworks:
21.02-tensorflowincludes the TensorFlow framework only.
- Ubuntu 20.04 including Python 3.8
- NVIDIA CUDA 11.2.0 including cuBLAS 11.3.1
- NVIDIA cuDNN 8.1.0
- NVIDIA NCCL 2.8.4 (optimized for NVLink™ )
- MLNX_OFED 5.1
- OpenMPI 4.0.5
- Nsight Compute 2020.3.0.18
- Nsight Systems 2020.4.3.7
- TensorFlow 1.15.5
- TensorRT 7.2.2
Release 21.02 is based on NVIDIA CUDA 11.2.0, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 460.27.04 or later. However, if you are running on Data Center GPUs (formerly Tesla), for example, T4, you may use NVIDIA driver release 418.40 (or later R418), 440.33 (or later R440), 450.51(or later R450). The CUDA driver's compatibility package only supports particular drivers. For a complete list of supported drivers, see the CUDA Application Compatibility topic. For more information, see CUDA Compatibility and Upgrades and NVIDIA CUDA and Drivers Support.
Release 21.02 supports CUDA compute capability 6.0 and higher. This corresponds to GPUs in the Pascal, Volta, Turing, and NVIDIA Ampere Architecture GPU families. Specifically, for a list of GPUs that this compute capability corresponds to, see CUDA GPUs. For additional support details, see Deep Learning Frameworks Support Matrix.
Key Features and Enhancements
- NVIDIA DIGITS application version 21.02 is based on DIGITS version 6.1.1
- The latest version of NVIDIA CUDA 11.2.0 including cuBLAS 11.3.1
- The latest version of NVIDIA cuDNN 8.1.0
- The latest version of NVIDIA NCCL 2.8.4 (optimized for NVLink™ )
- The latest version of Nsight Compute 2020.3.0.18
- The latest version of Nsight Systems 2020.4.3.7
- The latest version of TensorRT 7.2.2
- Ubuntu 20.04 with January 2021 updates
NVIDIA DIGITS Container Versions
The following table shows what versions of Ubuntu, CUDA, DIGITS, and TensorRT are supported in each of the NVIDIA containers for DIGITS. For older container versions, refer to the Frameworks Support Matrix.
|Container Version||Ubuntu||CUDA Toolkit||DIGITS||TensorRT|
|21.02||20.04||NVIDIA CUDA 11.2.0||6.1.1||TensorRT 7.2.2|
|20.12||NVIDIA CUDA 11.1.1|
|NVIDIA CUDA 11.1.0||TensorRT 7.2.1|
|20.09||NVIDIA CUDA 11.0.3||TensorRT 7.1.3|
|20.07||NVIDIA CUDA 11.0.194|
|20.06||NVIDIA CUDA 11.0.167||TensorRT 7.1.2|
|NVIDIA CUDA 10.2.89||TensorRT 7.0.0|
|19.10||NVIDIA CUDA 10.1.243|
There are no known issues in this release.