DIGITS Release 20.06
The NVIDIA application of DIGITS, release 20.06, is available on NGC.
Contents of the DIGITS container
This application contains the complete source of the version of DIGITS in
/opt/digits. It is pre-built and installed into the
/usr/local/python/ directory in the application.
The following DIGITS container is available for this release based on the deep learning frameworks:
20.06-tensorflowincludes the TensorFlow framework only.
The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 18.04 including Python 3.6
- NVIDIA CUDA 11.0.167 including cuBLAS 188.8.131.52
- NVIDIA cuDNN 184.108.40.206
- NVIDIA NCCL 2.7.5 (optimized for NVLink™ )
- OpenMPI 3.1.6
- Nsight Compute 2020.1.0.33
- Nsight Systems 2020.2.5.8
- TensorFlow 1.15.2
- TensorRT 7.1.2
Release 20.06 is based on NVIDIA CUDA 11.0.167, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 450 or later. However, if you are running on Tesla (for example, T4 or any other Tesla board), you may use NVIDIA driver release 418.xx or 440.30. The CUDA driver's compatibility package only supports particular drivers. For a complete list of supported drivers, see the CUDA Application Compatibility topic. For more information, see CUDA Compatibility and Upgrades.
Release 20.06 supports CUDA compute capability 6.0 and higher. This corresponds to GPUs in the Pascal, Volta, Turing, and Ampere Architecture GPU families. Specifically, for a list of GPUs that this compute capability corresponds to, see CUDA GPUs. For additional support details, see Deep Learning Frameworks Support Matrix.
Caffe is no longer supported. 20.06 and later releases are built only with TensorFlow.
Key Features and Enhancements
This DIGITS container image version includes the following key features and enhancements.
- NVIDIA DIGITS application version 20.06 is based on DIGITS version 6.1.1
- The latest version of NVIDIA CUDA 11.0.167 including cuBLAS 220.127.116.11
- The latest version of NVIDIA NCCL 2.7.5
- The latest version of NVIDIA cuDNN 18.104.22.168
- The latest version of OpenMPI 3.1.6
- The latest version of Nsight Compute 2020.1.0.33
- The latest version of Nsight Systems 2020.2.5.8
- The latest version of TensorRT 7.1.2
- Ubuntu 18.04 with May 2020 updates
DIGITS is not designed to be run as an exposed external web service.
NVIDIA DIGITS Container Versions
The following table shows what versions of Ubuntu, CUDA, DIGITS, and TensorRT are supported in each of the NVIDIA containers for DIGITS. For older container versions, refer to the Frameworks Support Matrix.
|Container Version||Ubuntu||CUDA Toolkit||DIGITS||TensorRT|
|NVIDIA CUDA 11.0.167||6.1.1||TensorRT 7.1.2|
|NVIDIA CUDA 10.2.89||TensorRT 7.0.0|
|19.10||NVIDIA CUDA 10.1.243|
There are no known issues in this release.