Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit Release 18.04
The NVIDIA container image of Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit, release 18.04, is available.
Contents of the Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit
This container image contains the source files that are used to build the Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit in the
/opt/cntk directory. The Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit binaries are pre-built and installed into the
A Python 3.6 Conda environment (including the Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit module) is installed in the
/opt/conda/envs/cntk-py36 directory. This is included in
PATH, so by default the
python command executes a Python 3.6 interpreter. To use the base Ubuntu Python 2.7 binary, you can either adjust
PATH or explicitly call
This image of the Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit 2.4, is built with the following options enabled:
- Async SGD
- Python 3 API
The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04 including Python 3.6 environment
- NVIDIA CUDA 9.0.176 (see Errata section and 2.1) including CUDA® Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines library™ (cuBLAS) 9.0.333 (see section 2.3.1)
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 7.1.1
- NCCL 2.1.15 (optimized for NVLink™ )
- OpenMPI™ 3.0.0
Release 18.04 is based on CUDA 9, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 384.xx.
Key Features and Enhancements
This Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit release includes the following key features and enhancements.
- Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit container image version 18.04 is based on Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit 2.4.
- Incorporated all upstream GitHub Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit code as of Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit 2.4.
- Latest version of NCCL 2.1.15
- Ubuntu 16.04 with March 2018 updates
There are no known issues in this release.