Theano Release 18.04
The NVIDIA container image of Theano, release 18.04, is available.
Contents of Theano
This container image contains the complete source of the version of NVIDIA Theano in
/opt/theano. It is pre-built and installed into the
/usr/local/[bin,share,lib] directories in the container image.
The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04 including Python 2.7 environment
- NVIDIA CUDA 9.0.176 (see Errata section and 2.1) including CUDA® Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines library™ (cuBLAS) 9.0.333 (see section 2.3.1)
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 7.1.1
- NCCL 2.1.15 (optimized for NVLink™ )
Release 18.04 is based on CUDA 9, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 384.xx.
Key Features and Enhancements
This Theano release includes the following key features and enhancements.
- Theano container image version 18.04 is based on Theano 1.0.1.
- Latest version of NCCL 2.1.15
- Ubuntu 16.04 with March 2018 updates
We are continuing to incorporate monthly Theano upstream changes as well as upgrade NVIDIA libraries, such as cuDNN, cuBLAS, NCCL, and the Ubuntu OS. However, we will be discontinuing container updates once the next major CUDA version is released.
There are no known issues in this release.