NVCaffe Release 20.02
The NVIDIA container image of Caffe, release 20.02, is available on NGC.
Contents of the NVCaffe container
This container image contains the complete source of the version of NVCaffe in
/opt/caffe. It is pre-built and installed into the
/usr/local/[bin,share,lib] directories in the container image.
The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 18.04 including Python 3.6
- NVIDIA CUDA 10.2.89 including cuBLAS 10.2.2.89
- NVIDIA cuDNN 7.6.5
- NVIDIA NCCL 2.5.6 (optimized for NVLink™ )
- OpenMPI 3.1.4
- Nsight Compute 2019.5.0
- Nsight Systems 2020.1.1
- TensorRT 7.0.0
- Jupyter and JupyterLab:
Release 20.02 is based on NVIDIA CUDA 10.2.89, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 440.33.01. However, if you are running on Tesla (for example, T4 or any other Tesla board), you may use NVIDIA driver release 396, 384.111+, 410, 418.xx or 440.30. The CUDA driver's compatibility package only supports particular drivers. For a complete list of supported drivers, see the CUDA Application Compatibility topic. For more information, see CUDA Compatibility and Upgrades.
Release 20.02 supports CUDA compute capability 6.0 and higher. This corresponds to GPUs in the Pascal, Volta, and Turing families. Specifically, for a list of GPUs that this compute capability corresponds to, see CUDA GPUs. For additional support details, see Deep Learning Frameworks Support Matrix.
Key Features and Enhancements
This NVCaffe release includes the following key features and enhancements.
- NVCaffe 0.17.3 container image version 20.02 is based on Caffe Deep Learning Framework by the BVLC.
- The latest version of Nsight Systems 2020.1.1
- The latest version of Jupyter Notebook 6.0.3
- Ubuntu 18.04 with January 2020 updates
- Deep learning framework containers 19.11 and later include experimental support for Singularity v3.0.
NVIDIA NVCaffe Container Versions
The following table shows what versions of Ubuntu, CUDA, NVCaffe, and TensorRT are supported in each of the NVIDIA containers for NVCaffe. For older container versions, refer to the Frameworks Support Matrix.
|Container Version||Ubuntu||CUDA Toolkit||NVCaffe||TensorRT|
|NVIDIA CUDA 10.2.89||0.17.3||TensorRT 7.0.0|
|19.10||NVIDIA CUDA 10.1.243|
There are no known issues in this release.