PyProf 20.11 Release Notes
PyProf release for 20.11, is available in the NVIDIA PyTorch NGC containers and directly from the PyProf GitHub page, and as a Python Wheel on the NVIDIA PY Index.
The key features of PyProf v3.6.0 / r20.11 are:
- Latest PyProf version supports PyTorch 1.5.0 (PyTorch 1.6.0 with DLProf) and Nsight Systems 2020.3.2.
- Latest PyProf version is compatible with DLProf v0.17.0 / r20.11.
- PyProf overhead was reduced to improve runtime performance:
- Improved database query from Nsight Systems
- Refactored nvmarker.py
- This software only supports PyTorch 1.5.
- Forward-Backward kernel correlation heuristics do not work correctly with PyTorch 1.6.
Recommended work arounds include:
- Use with PyTorch 1.5.
- Use the 20.11-py3 PyTorch NGC container:
docker pull nvcr.io/nvidia/pytorch:20.11-py3
- Use DLProf in the 20.11 NGC PyTorch container.