TensorFlow Release 17.04
The NVIDIA container image of TensorFlow, release 17.04, is available.
Contents of TensorFlow
This container image contains the complete source of the version of NVIDIA TensorFlow in
/opt/tensorflow. It is pre-built and installed into the
/usr/local/[bin,lib] directories in the container image.
To achieve optimum TensorFlow performance, for image based training, the container includes a sample script that demonstrates efficient training of convolutional neural networks (CNNs). The sample script may need to be modified to fit your application. The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04
- NVIDIA CUDA® 8.0.61
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 6.0.20
- NVIDIA® Collective Communications Library ™ (NCCL) 1.6.1 (optimized for NVLink™ )
Key Features and Enhancements
- 2x improvement on 8GPUs; 1.5X on 4 GPUs
- Updated NCCL integration with support for NVLink
- Multi-GPU CNN examples that demonstrates efficient training of CNNs using NCCL
- XLA (Accelerated Linear Algebra) support enabled, allowing users to offload operations to TensorFlow experimental XLA back-end
- Ubuntu 16.04 with March 2017 updates
There are no known issues in this release.