The container image of NVIDIA Optimized Deep Learning Framework, powered by Apache MXNet, release 18.05, is available.
Contents of the Optimized Deep Learning Framework container
This container image contains the complete source of the version of NVIDIA Optimized Deep Learning Framework, powered by Apache MXNet in
/opt/mxnet. It is pre-built and installed to the Python path.
The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04
- NVIDIA CUDA 9.0.176 (see Errata section and 2.1) including CUDA® Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines library™ (cuBLAS) 9.0.333 (see section 2.3.1)
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 7.1.2
- NCCL 2.1.15 (optimized for NVLink™ )
- ONNX exporter 0.1 for CNN classification models
The ONNX exporter is being continuously improved. You can try the latest changes by pulling from the main branch.
- Amazon Labs Sockeye sequence-to-sequence framework 1.18.13 (for machine translation)
Release 18.05 is based on CUDA 9, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 384.xx.
Key Features and Enhancements
- NVIDIA Optimized Deep Learning Framework, powered by Apache MXNet container image version 18.05 is based on Apache MXNet 1.1.0.
- For this month, no upstream merges as we work toward incorporating the upcoming Apache MXNet 1.2.0 release.
- Ubuntu 16.04 with April 2018 updates
Starting with the next major version of CUDA release, we will no longer provide Python 2 containers and will only maintain Python 3 containers.
Those wishing to run the NVIDIA Optimized Deep Learning Framework, powered by Apache MXNet unit tests under
/opt/mxnet/tests/python should install SciPy using
pip install scipy==1.0, as the recently available SciPy v1.1 is not compatible with all the unit tests. For more information, see Broken test_sparse_operator.test_sparse_mathematical_core with scipy 1.1.0.