Theano Release 17.09
The NVIDIA container image of Theano, release 17.09, is available.
Theano container image version 17.09 is based on Theano 0.10beta1.
Contents of Theano
This container image contains the complete source of the version of NVIDIA Theano in
/opt/theano. It is pre-built and installed into the
/usr/local/[bin,share,lib] directories in the container image.
The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04
- NVIDIA CUDA® 9.0
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 7.0.2
- NVIDIA® Collective Communications Library ™ (NCCL) 2.0.5 (optimized for NVLink™ )
Release 17.09 is based on CUDA 9, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 384.xx.
Key Features and Enhancements
This Theano release includes the following key features and enhancements.
- Includes pygpu 0.7 to handle CUDA devices support
- Support of Volta new Tensor Op feature
- Uses cuDNN 7 built-in group convolution feature
- Improved cuDNN convolution algorithm selection. Caching enables efficient use of Theano
configoption, for most optimal algorithm selection.
- Latest version of CUDA
- Latest version of cuDNN
- Latest version of NCCL
- Ubuntu 16.04 with August 2017 updates
There are no known issues in this release.