NVCaffe Release 17.04
The NVIDIA container image of Caffe, release 17.04, is available.
NVCaffe container image version 17.04 is based on NVCaffe 0.16.
Contents of NVCaffe
This container image contains the complete source of the version of NVCaffe in
/opt/caffe. It is pre-built and installed into the
/usr/local/[bin,share,lib] directories in the container image.
The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04
- NVIDIA CUDA® 8.0.61
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 6.0.20
- NCCL 1.6.1 (optimized for NVLink™ )
Key Features and Enhancements
- Parallel testing on multi-GPU systems allows even memory distribution across all GPUs for better performance.
- All layers now support FP16 storage. This allows to avoid 32-16-32 bit conversions.
- Main feature: memory balancer between I/O buffers and convolution workspace. It maximizes memory utilization for better performance.
- Ubuntu 16.04 with March 2017 updates
There are no known issues in this release.