Caffe2 Release 18.04
The NVIDIA container image of Caffe2, release 18.04, is available.
Contents of Caffe2
This container image contains the complete source of the version of Caffe2 in
/opt/caffe2. It is pre-built and installed into the
/opt/caffe2/[binaries,lib] directories in the container image.
The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04
- NVIDIA CUDA 9.0.176 (see Errata section and 2.1) including CUDA® Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines library™ (cuBLAS) 9.0.333 (see section 2.3.1)
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 7.1.1
- NCCL 2.1.15 (optimized for NVLink™ )
- OpenMPI™ 1.10.3
Release 18.04 is based on CUDA 9, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 384.xx.
Key Features and Enhancements
- Caffe2 container image version 18.04 is based on Caffe2 0.8.1.
- Fixed a bug in
nvidia-examples/seq2seqthat was reported in the 18.03 Release Notes. This bug caused executing the wrong number of iterations or epochs when loading snapshots.
- Caffe2 runtime binary compiled with NVTX support.
- Support NVTX ranges for CPU operators (GPU operators were already supported).
- Latest version of NCCL 2.1.15
- Ubuntu 16.04 with March 2018 updates
Starting with the next major version of CUDA release, we will no longer provide Python 2 containers and will only maintain Python 3 containers.
There are no known issues in this release.