Caffe2 Release 18.05
The NVIDIA container image of Caffe2, release 18.05, is available.
Contents of Caffe2
This container image contains the complete source of the version of Caffe2 in
/opt/caffe2. It is pre-built and installed into the
/opt/caffe2/[binaries,lib] directories in the container image.
The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04
Note: Container image
18.05-py2contains Python 2.7;
18.05-py3contains Python 3.5.
- NVIDIA CUDA 9.0.176 (see Errata section and 2.1) including CUDA® Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines library™ (cuBLAS) 9.0.333 (see section 2.3.1)
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 7.1.2
- NCCL 2.1.15 (optimized for NVLink™ )
- OpenMPI™ 1.10.3
Release 18.05 is based on CUDA 9, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 384.xx.
Key Features and Enhancements
This Caffe2 release includes the following key features and enhancements.
- Caffe2 container image version 18.05 is based on Caffe2 0.8.1.
- No new upstream changes in Caffe2 for April
- Ubuntu 16.04 with April 2018 updates
Starting with the next major version of CUDA release, we will no longer provide Python 2 containers and will only maintain Python 3 containers.
Caffe2 is now merged into PyTorch. Due to lack of upstream changes in the separate Caffe2 container and merges into a separate repository with PyTorch, we will discontinue updates at the next version of CUDA. Until we discontinue, we will continue to update NVIDIA libraries and base OS updates.
There are no known issues in this release.