Deep Learning Profiler 21.08 Release Notes
Deep Learning Profiler 21.08 Release Notes (PDF)
DLProf Release for 21.08, available in the NVIDIA TensorFlow 1.x, TensorFlow 2.x, and PyTorch NGC containers, and as a Python Wheel on the NVIDIA PY Index.
Note: NVTX-Plugins are being removed from the Deep Learning Frameworks TensorFLow 1.x & TensorFLow 2.x containers starting with the 21.09 release. They can still be manually installed from https://github.com/NVIDIA/nvtx-plugins.
- Requires DLProf SQLite database generated by DLProf v1.2 or later.
- Ensure that you have access and are logged into NGC. For step-by-step instructions, see the NGC Getting Started Guide.
- Install Docker and nvidia-docker. For DGX users, see Preparing to use NVIDIA Containers. For users other than DGX, see nvidia-docker installation documentation.
The key features of DLProf v1.4.0 / r21.08 are:
- Released in the TensorFlow 1.x 21.08, TensorFlow 2.x 21.08 and PyTorch 21.08 NGC container.
- Multi-GPU calculation and reporting enhancement.
- Added parameters and output shapes into the iteration report for GEMM and CONV operations.
- This software is only supported for TensorFlow 1.15, TensorFlow 2.34, PyTorch 1.9, and TensorRT 7.2.
- nvtx-plugins is being removed from the DLFW TensorFlow 1 & TensorFlow 2 containers starting with the 21.09 release.