DLProf Plugin for TensorBoard 20.12 Release Notes
DLProf Plugin for TensorBoard 20.12 Release Notes (PDF)
DLProf Plugin for TensorBoard release for 20.12, available in the NVIDIA TensorFlow 1.x, TensorFlow 2.x, and PyTorch containers on NGC, and as a Python Wheel on the NVIDIA PY Index.
- Requires GPU Event files generated by DLProf v0.18.0 / r20.12.
- Ensure you have access and are logged into NGC. For step-by-step instructions, see the NGC Getting Started Guide.
- Install Docker and nvidia-docker. For DGX users, see Preparing to use NVIDIA Containers. For users other than DGX, see nvidia-docker installation documentation.
The key features of DLProf Plugin for TensorBoard v0.10.0 / r20.12 are:
- Reports and summaries now support Multi-GPU profile data.
- Networks profiled in previous releases are not compatible with this release.
- Firefox Alert: Google’s TensorBoard v1.15 is not compatible with Firefox version 82.0.3 (64-bit) or greater. Consequently, the DLProf plugin shows a blank or empty screen.
Corrective Action: Either downgrade to FireFox version 81.0.2 (64-bit) (and turn off the auto upgrade feature), or use the Chrome, Opera, or Chromium browser instead.