Torch Release 17.02
The NVIDIA container image of Torch, release 17.02, is available.
Contents of Torch
This container image contains the complete source of the version of NVIDIA Torch in
/opt/torch. It is pre-built and installed into the
/usr/local/[bin,share,lib] directories in the container image.
The NVIDIA® Collective Communications Library ™ (NCCL) (NCCL) library and Torch bindings for NCCL are installed in this container, and models using DataParallelTable can easily leverage this library for fast parallel training. The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 14.04
- NVIDIA CUDA 8.0.61
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 6.0.13
- NVIDIA NCCL 1.6.1 (optimized for NVLink™ )
Key Features and Enhancements
- Pseudo-FP16 support in cuDNN layers
- Improved performance of cat operation
- Added support for half tensor on the host side
- Ubuntu 14.04 with January 2017 updates
There are no known issues in this release.