Torch Release 18.01
The NVIDIA container image of Torch, release 18.01, is available.
Contents of Torch
This container image contains the complete source of the version of NVIDIA Torch in
/opt/torch. It is pre-built and installed into the
/usr/local/[bin,share,lib] directories in the container image.
The NVIDIA® Collective Communications Library ™ (NCCL) (NCCL) library and Torch bindings for NCCL are installed in this container, and models using DataParallelTable can easily leverage this library for fast parallel training. The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04 including Python 2.7 environment
- NVIDIA CUDA 9.0.176 including CUDA® Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines library™ (cuBLAS) 9.0.282
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 7.0.5
- NCCL 2.1.2 (optimized for NVLink™ )
Release 18.01 is based on CUDA 9, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 384.xx.
Key Features and Enhancements
- Latest version of cuBLAS
- Latest version of cuDNN
- Latest version of NCCL
- Ubuntu 16.04 with December 2017 updates
cuBLAS 9.0.282 regresses RNN seq2seq FP16 performance for a small subset of input sizes. As a workaround, revert back to the 11.12 container.