NVCaffe Release 18.12
The NVIDIA container image of Caffe, release 18.12 is available.
Contents of NVCaffe
This container image contains the complete source of the version of NVCaffe in
/opt/caffe. It is pre-built and installed into the
/usr/local/[bin,share,lib] directories in the container image.
The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04 including Python 2.7
- NVIDIA CUDA 10.0.130 including CUDA® Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines library™ (cuBLAS) 10.0.130
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 7.4.1
- NCCL 2.3.7 (optimized for NVLink™ )
- OpenMPI 3.1.2
- TensorRT 5.0.2
Release 18.12 is based on CUDA 10, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 410.xx. However, if you are running on Tesla (Tesla V100, Tesla P4, Tesla P40, or Tesla P100), you may use NVIDIA driver release 384. For more information, see CUDA Compatibility and Upgrades.
Release 18.12 supports CUDA compute capability 6.0 and higher. This corresponds to GPUs in the Pascal, Volta, and Turing families. Specifically, for a list of GPUs that this compute capability corresponds to, see CUDA GPUs. For additional support details, see Deep Learning Frameworks Support Matrix.
Key Features and Enhancements
This NVCaffe release includes the following key features and enhancements.
- NVCaffe 0.17.2 container image version 18.12 is based on Caffe Deep Learning Framework by the BVLC.
- Ubuntu 16.04 with November 2018 updates
There are no known issues in this release.