Caffe2 Release 18.07
The NVIDIA container image of Caffe2, release 18.07, is available.
Contents of Caffe2
This container image contains the complete source of the version of Caffe2 in
/opt/caffe2. It is pre-built and installed into the
/opt/caffe2/[binaries,lib] directories in the container image.
The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04
Note: Container image
18.07-py2contains Python 2.7;
18.07-py3contains Python 3.5.
- NVIDIA CUDA 9.0.176 (see Errata section and 2.1) including CUDA® Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines library™ (cuBLAS) 9.0.425
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 7.1.4
- NCCL 2.2.13 (optimized for NVLink™ )
- OpenMPI™ 1.10.3
Release 18.07 is based on CUDA 9, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 384.xx.
Key Features and Enhancements
This Caffe2 release includes the following key features and enhancements.
- Caffe2 container image version 18.07 is based on Caffe2 0.8.1.
- No new upstream changes in Caffe2 for June
- Latest version of CUDA® Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines library™ (cuBLAS) 9.0.425.
- Ubuntu 16.04 with June 2018 updates
Caffe2 is now merged into PyTorch. Due to lack of upstream changes in the separate Caffe2 container and with the merging of Caffe2 into a separate repository with PyTorch, we will discontinue updates for the separate Caffe2 container at the next version of CUDA.
There are no known issues in this release.