Torch Release 18.08
The NVIDIA container image of Torch, release 18.08, is available.
Contents of Torch
This container image contains the complete source of the version of NVIDIA Torch in
/opt/torch. It is pre-built and installed into the
/usr/local/[bin,share,lib] directories in the container image.
The NVIDIA® Collective Communications Library ™ (NCCL) (NCCL) library and Torch bindings for NCCL are installed in this container, and models using DataParallelTable can easily leverage this library for fast parallel training. The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04 including Python 2.7 environment
- NVIDIA CUDA 9.0.176 (see Errata section and 2.1) including CUDA® Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines library™ (cuBLAS) 9.0.425
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 7.2.1
- NCCL 2.2.13 (optimized for NVLink™ )
Release 18.08 is based on CUDA 9, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 384.xx.
Key Features and Enhancements
This Torch release includes the following key features and enhancements.
- Torch container image version 18.08 is based on Torch7.
- Latest version of cuDNN 7.2.1.
- Ubuntu 16.04 with July 2018 updates
We are continuing to incorporate monthly Torch upstream changes as well as upgrade NVIDIA libraries, such as cuDNN, cuBLAS, NCCL, and the Ubuntu OS. However, we will be discontinuing container updates once the next major CUDA version is released.
There are no known issues in this release.