NVCaffe Release 17.06
NVCaffe Release 17.06 (PDF)
The NVIDIA container image of Caffe, release 17.06, is available.
NVCaffe container image version 17.06 is based on NVCaffe 0.16.
Contents of NVCaffe
This container image contains the complete source of the version of NVCaffe in
/opt/caffe. It is pre-built and installed into the
/usr/local/[bin,share,lib] directories in the container image.
The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04
- NVIDIA CUDA® 8.0.61
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 6.0.21
- NCCL 1.6.1 (optimized for NVLink™ )
Key Features and Enhancements
This NVCaffe release includes the following key features and enhancements.
- Added the shuffle parameter which is a data augmentation technique that improves accuracy of training your network.
- Added the cache parameter which ensures that the data is read once and put into the host memory.
- Added the min_lr parameter which ensures that the learning rate (lr) threshold is larger than 0.
- Improved determinism between multiple GPUs
- Ubuntu 16.04 with May 2017 updates
There are no known issues in this release.