NVCaffe Release 18.01
The NVIDIA container image of Caffe, release 18.01, is available.
Contents of NVCaffe
This container image contains the complete source of the version of NVCaffe in
/opt/caffe. It is pre-built and installed into the
/usr/local/[bin,share,lib] directories in the container image.
The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04 including Python 2.7 environment
- NVIDIA CUDA 9.0.176 including CUDA® Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines library™ (cuBLAS) 9.0.282
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 7.0.5
- NCCL 2.1.2 (optimized for NVLink™ )
Release 18.01 is based on CUDA 9, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 384.xx.
Key Features and Enhancements
This NVCaffe release includes the following key features and enhancements.
- NVCaffe0.16.5 container image version 18.01 is based on Caffe Deep Learning Framework by the BVLC.
- Added Layer-wise Adaptive Rate Control (LARC) parameters
- Added adaptive weight decay parameters
- Added adaptive momentum parameters
- Added adaptive global gradient scaling parameters
- Added advanced augmentation algorithms
- Implemented less memory consumption
- Latest version of cuBLAS
- Latest version of cuDNN
- Latest version of NCCL
- Ubuntu 16.04 with December 2017 updates
cuBLAS 9.0.282 regresses RNN seq2seq FP16 performance for a small subset of input sizes. As a workaround, revert back to the 11.12 container.