NVCaffe Release 18.02
The NVIDIA container image of Caffe, release 18.02, is available.
Contents of NVCaffe
This container image contains the complete source of the version of NVCaffe in
/opt/caffe. It is pre-built and installed into the
/usr/local/[bin,share,lib] directories in the container image.
The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04 including Python 2.7 environment
- NVIDIA CUDA 9.0.176 including:
- CUDA® Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines library™ (cuBLAS) 9.0.282 Patch 2 which is installed by default
- cuBLAS 9.0.234 Patch 1 as a debian file. Installing Patch 1 by issuing the
dpkg -i /opt/cuda-cublas-9-0_9.0.234-1_amd64.debcommand is the workaround for the known issue described below.
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 7.0.5
- NCCL 2.1.2 (optimized for NVLink™ )
Release 18.02 is based on CUDA 9, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 384.xx.
Key Features and Enhancements
- NVCaffe0.16.5 container image version 18.02 is based on Caffe Deep Learning Framework by the BVLC.
- Added the ImageDataParameter settings which belong to the ImageDataLayer's LayerParameter settings. More specifically:
- Added the threads parameter which is the number of Data Transformer threads per GPU executed by the ImageDataLayer.
- Added the cache parameter which ensures that the data is read once and put into the host memory.
- Latest version of cuBLAS
- Ubuntu 16.04 with January 2018 updates
cuBLAS 9.0.282 regresses RNN seq2seq FP16 performance for a small subset of input sizes. This issue should be fixed in the next update. As a workaround, install cuBLAS 9.0.234 Patch 1 by issuing the
dpkg -i /opt/cuda-cublas-9-0_9.0.234-1_amd64.deb command.