Caffe2 Release 18.01
The NVIDIA container image of Caffe2, release 18.01, is available.
Caffe2 container image version 18.01 is based on Caffe2 0.8.1.
Contents of Caffe2
This container image contains the complete source of the version of Caffe2 in
/opt/caffe2. It is pre-built and installed into the
/opt/caffe2/[binaries,lib] directories in the container image.
The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04
Note: Container image
18.01-py2contains Python 2.7;
18.01-py3contains Python 3.5.
- NVIDIA CUDA 9.0.176 including CUDA® Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines library™ (cuBLAS) 9.0.282
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 7.0.5
- NCCL 2.1.2 (optimized for NVLink™ )
- OpenMPI™ 1.10.3
Release 18.01 is based on CUDA 9, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 384.xx.
Key Features and Enhancements
This Caffe2 release includes the following key features and enhancements.
- Addition of Python 3 container
- Addition of ONNX package for inference
- FP16 and Tensor Core support for RNNs
- Latest version of cuBLAS
- Latest version of cuDNN
- Latest version of NCCL
- Ubuntu 16.04 with December 2017 updates
cuBLAS 9.0.282 regresses RNN seq2seq FP16 performance for a small subset of input sizes. As a workaround, revert back to the 11.12 container.