Caffe2 Release 18.02
The NVIDIA container image of Caffe2, release 18.02, is available.
Caffe2 container image version 18.02 is based on Caffe2 0.8.1.
Contents of Caffe2
This container image contains the complete source of the version of Caffe2 in
/opt/caffe2. It is pre-built and installed into the
/opt/caffe2/[binaries,lib] directories in the container image.
The container also includes the following:
- Ubuntu 16.04
Note: Container image
18.02-py2contains Python 2.7;
18.02-py3contains Python 3.5.
- NVIDIA CUDA 9.0.176 including:
- CUDA® Basic Linear Algebra Subroutines library™ (cuBLAS) 9.0.282 Patch 2 which is installed by default
- cuBLAS 9.0.234 Patch 1 as a debian file. Installing Patch 1 by issuing the
dpkg -i /opt/cuda-cublas-9-0_9.0.234-1_amd64.debcommand is the workaround for the known issue described below.
- NVIDIA CUDA® Deep Neural Network library™ (cuDNN) 7.0.5
- NCCL 2.1.2 (optimized for NVLink™ )
- OpenMPI™ 1.10.3
Release 18.02 is based on CUDA 9, which requires NVIDIA Driver release 384.xx.
Key Features and Enhancements
This Caffe2 release includes the following key features and enhancements.
- Enhanced debug mode in
nvidia-examples/onnx-inferencefor testing ONNX
- Enabled FP16 in TransposeOp that uses cuDNN
- Latest version of cuBLAS
- Ubuntu 16.04 with January 2018 updates
cuBLAS 9.0.282 regresses RNN seq2seq FP16 performance for a small subset of input sizes. This issue should be fixed in the next update. As a workaround, install cuBLAS 9.0.234 Patch 1 by issuing the
dpkg -i /opt/cuda-cublas-9-0_9.0.234-1_amd64.deb command.